Snowmen at Night speech therapy activities in a fun winter book companion!
Make your planning easy for multiple goals and a variety of learners with leveled activities for Wh and Yes-No question picture cards, matching, story sequencing and re-tell, categories, rhyme, syllables, articulation, inference, and prediction too.
There are so many activities, you’ll be able to cover multiple literacy-based sessions with this fun snowman theme.
Kids really love building their snowman in the adorable open-ended build-a-snowman game. Grab the dot markers as you count syllables in the winter words, pair the cards with your favorite winter game, sequence and retell the story, and more.
Be sure to Check out the preview to take a closer look!
- Phonological Awareness- rhyme, syllable counting, manipulation
- Answering Questions: Yes/No, What Doing, Who? What? Where? Why?
- Vocabulary: Definitions, Categories
- Story Comprehension: Answering detail questions, Inference, Prediction, Sequencing and Retell with 5 levels of support
- Articulation: S-Blends, /l/, /s/, /r/ and vocalic r
Low Color Printing options provided!
➤CONTENTS: 43 Useable Pages, 21 snowmen at Night Speech therapy activities, plus the adorable Build a Snowman Game, an open-ended motivational activity for any skill.
9 Activities for Younger Students:
- 18 Yes/No Question cards
- 18 Wh? Question cards: Who, What, Why, Where?
- 18 What Doing? Question Cards
- 18 Category Sorting Cards with Mats-Winter Things/ Summer Things
- Word Wall Cards
- Snow Fun Matching Activity Sheet
- Story Sequencing and retell cards with story strips for 2 and 3 part sequencing and retell.
- 10 S-Blend Articulation Cards
10 Activities for Older Students:
- 6 Story Vocabulary Definition Cards
- 12 cards Naming Category Members
- 12 Prediction and Inference Cards
- If I was a Snowman at Night Sheet
- Story Map Sheet- Identifying Story Grammar elements
- Word Wall Cards
- 9 Story Sequencing cards with multiple level visual support mats
- 10 /l/ artic cards
- 10 /s/ artic cards
- 20 /r/ and vocalic r artic cards
2 Phonological Awareness Activities:
- How Many Syllables? Dot Marker Sheet
- 18 Do These Words Rhyme? Cards
If you love literacy-based therapy as much as I do, you’ll also want to check out these book companions:
For more fun winter speech therapy activities, try these highly engaging resources:
No-Prep Winter Language Activities with pretty mandala coloring pages