Sequencing winter stories with pictures for support! Puzzles, cards, and writing activities target story retell, describing, prediction, sentence construction, and writing simple sentences too! Adorable 3 and four-step sequencing cards and puzzles for 24 different stories. Includes mats, a poster, and cut and paste printables.
Some students need support in simply describing the action on a single picture, others are able to sequence and retell multi-step picture stories. These cute and colorful stories will meet the needs of a wide range of learners.
Please note! This product is included in my 4-Seasons Sequencing Bundle. You will not need to purchase it separately if you purchase the bundle!
No Color Ink? No problem. Ink-Saving BW Printing options provided!
➤CONTENTS: 46 Useable Pages, 24 Picture stories, Differentiated Activities for 2-step, 3-step, and 4-step Sequencing
• 12 three-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students.
➞3-step Puzzles to provide support for the correct sequence – beginning level
➞3-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats – intermediate level
➞3-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities -advanced level
• 12 four-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students:
➞4-step Puzzles to provide extra support for the correct sequence – beginning level
➞4-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats – intermediate level
➞4-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities – advanced level
• 2-step Sequencing Mat
• Two 3-step Sequencing Mats
• Two 4-step Sequencing Mats
• Story Telling Poster to help scaffold sentence construction and picture description.
• 2 Single Picture Description Printables-Tell the Story and A Winter Tale. Glue a picture in the square. Write a sentence to tell the story. Includes scaffolds for picture description and sentence construction
• 2 Sequence, Write and Tell Printables- 3-step and 4-step- Glue the pictures in order, then write a sentence for each picture.
• Answer Keys/ Story Strips- provides the story in sequence for matching- extra support for the very beginning level.
3-Step Story Sequences
• Elves Wrapping Presents
• Reindeer Jump a Fence
• Ice Fishing
• Making a Valentine
• Shooting a Basket
• Snowman Snowball Fight
• Penguin Tosses a Snowball
• Snowmobiling in Winter
• Making Hot Chocolate
• Ice Skating Tumble
• Bear Eats the Valentine Candy
4-Step Story Sequences
• Burning Christmas Candle
• Building a Snowman
• Wrapping a Present
• Penguin Decorates the Tree
• Shoveling After a Snowstorm
• Baking Valentine Cookies
• The Four Seasons
• Groundhog Predicts Spring
• Snowman Melts
• Snow Day
• Groundhog Sees His Shadow
• Bear Hibernates
Beginning Level:– You may need to model describing each picture for beginners by telling the story first. Then your student will re-tell the story.
- Single Picture Description/ Writing- Have students choose a picture to describe, and glue it to the Tell The Tale or Tell the Story page. Use the story-telling poster to talk about how to describe the elements of the picture. Your student will describe the picture. If your student is practicing writing, have them write their sentence.
- Matching Level with Story Strips- Give your student one of the BW story strips, and the matching story cards. Your student will describe each card as they match the story.
- 3 and 4-Step Sequencing Puzzles- Your student will student sequence, then tell the story as they describe each picture.
- 2-Step Sequencing Mat – choose 2 picture cards from any 3 or 4-step story that illustrates a clear first-then sequence. Your student will use the Sequencing Mat, put the pictures in order, then tell the story.
- 3 and 4-step Sequencing Cards and Mats – choose any picture card story. Each story is labeled with a title to help students find the pictures that go together. Your student will use the Sequencing Mats, sequence and then tell the story.
- 3 and 4-step Let’s Sequence and Write Printable- Choose a BW Story. Your student will cut out, sequence, and glue the story on the page, then write a sentence to describe each picture.
- Prediction- Give the student the first two or three cards in the sequence. Tell the story, then have students predict what happens last.
❤ Love more sequencing activities? Check out my other seasonal sequencing packs or save $$ and scoop up the 4-season bundle!
Spring Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
Summer Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
Fall Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
There are no reviews yet.