Speech therapy jungle style! Language and articulation activities perfect for zoo themes too. Packed with story comprehension activities, yes/no and wh questions, multiple meanings, synonyms, antonyms, and more. This set includes ready-to-go activities for a variety of levels from PK to early elementary so you can use one wonderful storybook across your caseload!
Use this story companion after reading the adorable Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae. I am not affiliated with the author, and the book is not included.
• Phonological Awareness- rhyme, syllable counting, initial sound isolation
• Answering Questions: Yes/No, What Doing, Who? What? Where? Why?
• Vocabulary: Synonyms, Definitions, Categories, Multiple Meanings
• Story Comprehension: Answering wh? questions, Inference, Sequencing and Retell with 5 levels of support
• Syntax- Possessive ‘s
• Articulation: Initial and Final “j”
Ink-Saving Low Color Printing options provided! No color? No worries! The pages can also be printed in grayscale.
➤CONTENTS: 56 Useable Pages, 22 Learning Activities plus the adorable Hoofin it Home Game. Open-ended motivational activity for any skill targeted.
8 Language Activities for Younger Students:
• 10 Level 1 Word Wall Cards
• 18 Level 1 Yes/No question cards for Pre-K to K
• 18 Who? Question Cards- Naming to Description
• 18 Where? Question Cards
• 18 What Doing? Question cards
• 18 Animal Category Sorting cards with 2 Jungle/Farm Animal sorting mats
• Whose Feet? Card match and sentence mat. Answer who? questions and use possessives.
• 4 Jungle Bungle Dough Mats: Using possessive ‘s’. Make the animal’s missing body parts.
10 Language Activities for Older Students:
• 18 Story Comprehension Cards
• 18 Level 2 Yes/No Question cards for grades 1-2
• 18 Story Vocabulary Definition Cards
• 27 Category Cards: naming category members
• 26 Opposites cards (13 pairs)
• 9 Multiple Meaning Cards
• 9 Inference Cards
• 10 Level 2 Word Wall Cards
• Story Map
• Write Your Own Story: I Learned How
3 Articulation Activities:
• 15 Initial J Cards
• 15 Final J Cards
• “Spotting” Initial J: Say & Color Home Practice Worksheet
• 9 Story Sequencing cards with multiple level visual support mats
4 Phonological Awareness Activities:
• How Many Syllables? Dot Marker Sheet
• 36 Do These Words Rhyme? Cards
• Jungle Rhymes: Find and write rhyming word pairs.
• Turtley Terrific Initial Sounds Worksheet
Open-Ended Board Game
• Hoofin’ It Home