Teach sequencing with pictures step by step with this leveled sequencing activities bundle!
It’s easy to differentiate for each student with these adorable 3 & 4-step picture sequences. There are a variety of leveled activities to teach sequencing with pictures and story retelling. Choose just the right level for each student! You get:
- self-checking puzzles
- sequencing story picture cards
- 2-4 step sequencing mats,
- a poster with visuals to provide extra support for re-telling
- plus cut and paste sequence and write printables for 1-4 step stories.
You’ll practice story retelling and sequence concepts in speech therapy all year with this fun bundle of 96 picture stories. You get spring, summer, winter, and fall stories with a variety of leveled sequencing activities to meet your student’s needs.
This bundle will help you target multiple goals:
- ordering the sequence of events
- prediction (What will happen next?)
- sentence construction
- seasonal vocabulary
- story re-telling
- writing simple sentences with seasonal and holiday themes.
Some students need support in simply describing the action on a single picture, others are able to sequence and retell multi-step picture stories. These cute and colorful stories will meet the needs of a wide range of learners.
Be sure to view the preview for a closer look at this bundle!
No Color Ink? No problem. Ink-Saving BW Printing options are provided!
➤CONTENTS: 184 Useable Pages, 96 Picture stories, differentiated Activities for 2-step, 3-step, and 4-step Sequencing
• 48 three-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students.
➞3-step Puzzles to provide support for the correct sequence – beginning level
➞3-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats – intermediate level
➞3-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities -advanced level
• 48 four-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students:
➞4-step Puzzles to provide extra support for the correct sequence – beginning level
➞4-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats – intermediate level
➞4-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities – advanced level
• Four 2-step Sequencing Mat
• Eight 3-step Sequencing Mats
• Eight 4-step Sequencing Mats
• Story Telling Posters for each season to help scaffold sentence construction and picture description.
• 8 Single Picture Description Printables-Tell the Story and Tell the Tale. Glue a picture in the square. Write a sentence to tell the story. Includes scaffolds for picture description and sentence construction.
• 8 Sequence, Write and Tell Printables- 3-step and 4-step- Glue the pictures in order, then write a sentence for each picture.
• Answer Keys/ Story Strips- provides the story in sequence for matching- extra support for the very beginning level.
➤Click the links below to see the list of sequences included in each pack
Beginning Level:– You may need to model describing each picture for beginners by telling the story first. Then your student will re-tell the story.
- Single Picture Description/ Writing- Have students choose a picture to describe, and glue it to the Tell The Tale or Tell the Story page. Use the story-telling poster to talk about how to describe the elements of the picture. Your student will describe the picture. If your student is practicing writing, have them write their sentence.
- Matching Level with Story Strips- Give your student one of the BW story strips, and the matching story cards. Your student will describe each card as they match the story.
- 3 and 4-Step Sequencing Puzzles- Your student will student sequence, then tell the story as they describe each picture. The puzzle format provides extra visual support for determining the correct order.
- 2-Step Sequencing Mats – choose 2 picture cards from any 3 or 4-step story that illustrate a clear first-then sequence. Your student will use the Sequencing Mat, put the pictures in order, then tell the story.
- 3 and 4-step Sequencing Cards and Mats – choose any picture card story. Each story is labeled with a title to help students find the pictures that go together. Your student will use the Sequencing Mats, sequence and then tell the story.
- 3 and 4-step Let’s Sequence and Write Printables- Choose a BW Story. Your student will cut out, sequence, and glue the story on the page, then write a sentence to describe each picture.
- Prediction- Give the student the first two or three cards in the sequence. Tell the story, then have students predict what happens last.
❤There are 4 sequencing with pictures and story retelling packs included in this bundle! Check out each pack to see more of what’s included:
File Type: This download is a zipped folder that contains 4 PDF files, one for each season. You will need to unzip the folder to access the activities.