Turkey Day is around the corner and you need a tantalizing therapy plan.
It’s November. You’re tired. Your students are wired. It’s the reality of the season.
On the other hand, our students have had Halloween, a week of dress-up Red Ribbon days, fall fun events and so, soooo many assemblies. Wiggle city and chasing squirrels. Sound about right?
So how do you lasso your student’s attention for the next couple of weeks?
I am so very grateful for you, my sweet and supportive followers, so I have created a couple yummy freebies for you.
2 Quick, Easy (and Delicious!) Thanksgiving Game Freebies
Don’t Eat Tom!
Here’s how to play:
- While one student isn’t looking or out of the room, the remaining students choose a character to be “Tom”.
- Put a small treat on each character. This could be candy, popcorn, cereal or even bingo chips or tokens if food is a no-no.
- The first student then names the picture, answers a question, or says their word the number of times shown in that square.
- The student eats or collects the treat on the square, moves on to the next square, and repeats.
- When the student gets to the treat on “Tom”, everyone shouts Don’t eat Tom!” and their turn is over.
What are Quick Lists?
I’ve included Quick Lists to target these skills:
• Describe the food.
• Name the category members (desserts, dairy)
• Which do you ___? (Name a food that matches the verb…bake, slice)
• Use the words in a sentence. (She likes, he cuts) (verb and s-blend practice)
|Quick Lists & No-Prep BW activities for stress-free sessions!|
No Color Ink?
Want more great Fall Speech Therapy Activities?
For littles K-1st grade:
I’m wishing you all a stress-free November and a very Happy Thanksgiving!
|Download these FREE games here.|