Try this fun articulation firefighter craft for preschool and kindergarten in speech therapy or your classroom!
You’ll use this firefighter craft for practicing articulation, minimal pairs, and rhyming words too. Save planning time! This no-prep resource is quick and easy to print, then grab-and-go for speech therapy or for your classroom centers.
Love using themes?
This is a great activity for your fire safety week and your community helpers theme that your children will love.
Here’s how to use this fun firefighter craft for preschool, kindergarten and first grade too!
- Print the water drops on colored paper or have your children color the black & white version
- Cut out the water drops. Younger children may need some help with this.
- Glue the water drops in front of the fire hose as you practice articulation and rhyme, or..write your own targets on the blank water drops.
Different versions of this easy firefighter craft are included to meet your needs:
Your students can choose: a girl or boy firefighter
You can choose from 3 versions of the waterdrops:
- Initial /f/ CVC words
- minimal pairs /f/ and /p/ to work on the phonological process of “stopping”
- or write your own targets for categories, synonyms, antonyms, and more.
- Articulation of initial /f/ words
- Reducing the phonological process of stopping with minimal pairs practice
- Rhyming words
7 pages including:
- 4 firefighter pages (boy or girl)
- 3 pages of water drops:
- 10 Initial /f/ CVC water drops
- 10 initial /f/ and initial /p/ minimal pairs that are great for rhyme activities too
- 10 Blank water drops write your own targets